12 of the best guest blogging tips to increase traffic to your website
Guest blogging is a great way to build relationships with influential people and businesses. It can help increase your exposure, build your credibility and increase quality links back to your website. You need to know how to choose the best opportunities along with some important protocols.
Here’s my take on the points shared in the infographic.
1. Don’t be pushy. Get to know blog owners before you ask for an opportunity to be exposed to their audience. I know I am protective of my audience and only want to share the highest quality information with them.
2. Offer material that is in alignment with the topics covered by the blog. Everyone has their own agenda but making sure the readers on the blog your writing for get material that interests them will benefit you, the readers and the blog owner.
3. Only agree to guest blog for blogs you will feel proud to be associated with. It may be very nice when people offer you an opportunity to guest blog but it’s in your best interest to only choose those that suit your ideal audience.
4. Google rewards relevant links so make sure your guest post is being displayed on a site that is relevant to the audience you want to attract.
5. Don’t take refusals personally. Sometimes blog owners may decline your post or make suggestions about your writing. Take it in your stride and …. keep on blogging!
I’m open to those of you who would like to write a blog post for my blog and if any of you would like me to write a guest blog for you. Feel free to contact me I’d love to hear from you.